One of my friends, Sheena LaShay’s, recent post reminded me that I needed to draft up my list of things I want to do this summer. Since last year, I create an adventure list made up of things I want to do every season. It keeps me living my life to the fullest by experiencing cool and fun things; it makes for a more enhanced and exciting life. I want to have cool stories to tell my grandkids. Some things are mainstays for seasons each year but I always challenge myself to find new things to experience and enjoy, that I’ve never done before or that it’s been a while, each season and year. So here is my adventure list for this summer:
- Go to the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens
- Get a cruiser bike so I can ride about Prospect Park on weekends
- Walk the Brooklyn Bridge again
- Visit NYC Transit Museum
- Gallery hop for a day
- Visit MOMA (Museum of Modern Art)
- Start a bi-annual, accessories online magazine. I’m so excited about this. I will have more details and a separate post about this soon (as I’ll be looking for accessories designers to be in it)
- Beach and rock a body chain with my two piece- Jersey Shore maybe? Haven’t been there in years
- Take a pickling class at Brookyln Brine Co.
- Weeksville Garden Parties (all July)
- Picnic in Central Park or Prospect Park with friends
- Make a mixed media journal
- Host an international tea dinner party at my place
- Make popsicles and Italian ice
- Get Italian ice from the place down the street from me (it’s supposed to be really good)
- Try Columbian food at the restaurant around the corner from me
- Go to Ghenet Brooklyn again for delish Ethiopian food.
- Play at least one game of tennis
- Salsa dancing on the Piers again. I did it a few years ago and it was so much fun.
- (BONUS) Meet Brook D’Leau- I don’t even know how this would transpire by this summer but I would be elated if I had the opportunity to. He’s a musical genius and totally rad. Yeah, I said rad. Haha.
I’ve already started on my Fall Adventure List. One thing for sure that I want to do this fall is go apple picking upstate (and make apple cider, regular and spiked!).
What are some things you want to do this summer?